Daily Ordinary is an exercise in presence. Finding the beauty in the ordinary through observations from the day. Sharing bits of my ordinary week every Sunday. See them all in the archives.
- There is sun and there is warmth. I’m grateful for them both.
- Tea with lemon and wildflower honey.
- Tacos for dinner. I’ll always take tacos for dinner.
- Last nights storm feels like a distant dream in the morning sun. A beautiful message.
- She plays barefoot in the grass and stomps in the dirt. Wild and free.
- I can feel the fear creeping in. I can not let it win.
- The coffee is hot. The breeze is cool. He tells her it’s a beautiful day. I agree.
- Target pick up. Grateful things.
- Drinking wine on group FaceTime. What a time.
- The truth is, I don’t share because I don’t feel like it looks nice. She called it “beauty hunting”. I need to do the same.
- I keep thinking about the essay. I did it afraid, and that’s what matters most.
- He’s such a sensitive soul. I know that gift well.
- Thinking about the tulips. And a mental note: always buy the flowers.
- I join her Zoom meeting even though I’d rather be doing something else. She looks happy to us and texts her thanks later. Worth it.
- The morning gets away from me. And the caffeine feels like too much. reaching for tea to calm and center
- What’s the intention?
- His email is so understanding and full of compassion. More of that on the other side. More of that.
- Avocado toast for breakfast. Chickpea curry for lunch. My body welcomes the familiar friends.
- Some days she eats, other days golden milk is all she wants. Today is a golden day.
- She really is my favorite girl in the whole world.